Ask Your Question

4 spiritual name questions...

asked 2014-08-23 06:42:07 -0600

Bhagat Singh gravatar image

Can I just look at hukam on my device and decide a name that fits, or must I get it from 3HO or a gurudwara?

If I get a spiritual name, will it change when I take amrit sanchar?

If I haven't yet taken amrit sanchar, may I add Khalsa as my last name for my spiritual name?

How can I get it legally changed since my mother doesn't want me to be sikh, and I'm only 11?

If you don't know the answers to all of them, just answer the ones you know.


  • James
edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2014-08-25 11:03:46 -0600

Guruka Singh gravatar image

Bhagwant Singh Ji - When you receive Guru Ji's amrit you use the name Singh. If you are already using that surname, then nothing changes. Yes, you may use Khalsa as your surname at any time. You cannot get your name changed legally until you come of age legally unless your parents agree to it. The process for doing that depends on where you live.

edit flag offensive delete link more

Question Tools


Asked: 2014-08-23 06:42:07 -0600

Seen: 345 times

Last updated: Aug 25 '14