Ask Your Question

How to change name, tittle and religion in all paperworks?

asked 2017-08-23 20:20:11 -0600

csmn gravatar image

updated 2017-08-24 05:03:49 -0600

I'm born in a hindu family. I went gurudware for the first time four years back. I was totally amused to feel th peace I felt when I got in there. I went for the first time with my amritdhari friend. I used to feel nervous for the first year. I used to go with my friend only. Then slowly I started going on my own. I started doing chaur seva Langar seva. I started then doing path. I started feeling that's where I belong to and yes I even feel now I belong there and I want that after I become completely independent I turn myself completely into sikhi swaroop. I be an amritdhari. I am from a middle class family and I have got no family business to carry. All I will he doing is a Job and for that paperworks are needed. So I wanted to know the procedure to completely turn to a amritdhari Sikh from a hindu regarding name, tittle, religion and paperworks.

Ps:I haven't converted yet to a amritdhari Sikh, and I am a boy.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

2 answers

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2017-08-24 02:54:33 -0600

Not at all Punjabi gravatar image

updated 2017-08-24 04:17:00 -0600

Each time i come across people like you my faith in Sikhism becomes deeper and deeper. If i am able to understand your question correctly then the day you converted from Hindu to Sikh or the day you took Amrit, i am sure the Panj Pyares must have changed your name too taken from SGGS Ji Maharaj.

So, your new Sikh name including Kaur ought to be included in all the official documents. You haven't mentioned your country of residence but in India the procedure is the most important official documents are the Aadhaar Card (national identity card), Pan Card (identity allotted to each taxpayer by the Income Tax Department) and the Passport.

If you are an Indian resident then you must immediately change your name in all the above documents which can be done by visiting their respective offices in your local city. But do not forget to add Kaur in your name.

After the changes been made in your documents, you can marry your Sikh boyfriend in a Gurdwara, nobody has the right to stop you from marrying your boyfriend because you are no more a non-Sikh, you are a Sikh but do keep your document in hand during marriage in case if you are asked to show by the Gurdwara management otherwise i don't think there will be any problem.

Similarly for the job purpose apart from the above documents, Class 10th Pass certificate and your highest qualification degree/diploma is required which i don't think you need to change your name in these documents until and unless you are specifically asked to do so by the Job organization.

edit flag offensive delete link more


Veer ji. I am a boy and I am not this for a girl whom I want to marry. I am doing this for myself to be son of kalgidhar patsaah and be completely part of purest form of religion present in the world.

csmn gravatar imagecsmn ( 2017-08-24 05:22:09 -0600 )edit

u r a boy okay no issues but why did u ask the question regarding Sikh marrying a non-Sikh? still then the paperworks procedure has to be done in the same way which i mentioned above, the only difference is instead of Kaur u have to add Singh to ur name since u r a guy.

Not at all Punjabi gravatar imageNot at all Punjabi ( 2017-08-24 07:19:10 -0600 )edit

even u haven't mentioned as to ur country and city of residence.

Not at all Punjabi gravatar imageNot at all Punjabi ( 2017-08-24 07:21:21 -0600 )edit

Question Tools

1 follower


Asked: 2017-08-23 20:20:11 -0600

Seen: 735 times

Last updated: Aug 24 '17