Ask Your Question

In dire need of guidance.. please help

asked 2019-02-11 23:43:24 -0600

JustMe gravatar image

updated 2019-04-22 23:52:34 -0600

Need help with a family situation. How to deal with troubles

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

3 answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2019-02-12 11:17:14 -0600

Guruka Singh gravatar image

Please, do not remain silent. If this has happened once, the chance that it will happen again is too high. As Strong Kaur said, safety is the first priority here. These things must be confronted and not hidden because of shaming within the community. Your sister needs to feel safe, protected and supported. That is the number one priority.

edit flag offensive delete link more


Guruka ji, I am not able to control this situation. My parents don't listen to what I feel or think. They seem to worry more about my elder sisters relationship than what happened to my younger sister. I am very disheartened by their actions..

JustMe gravatar imageJustMe ( 2019-03-01 22:44:42 -0600 )edit

Then you must go beyond your parents. You don't say where you live, but there are resources available in most areas. It's been over two months since you first wrote. What's the situation now?

Guruka Singh gravatar imageGuruka Singh ( 2019-04-24 10:29:35 -0600 )edit

answered 2019-02-12 01:40:30 -0600

strongKaur gravatar image

This must be incredibly distressing. I understand your desire to keep your family together, but the utmost first principle here is safety and doing what is just. I would recommend going to the police and reporting what you saw and what happened. Regardless of whether your sister would like to, but you need to do what is right here. Request of your sister to stay with you until things are sorted out. The police can provide for their safety from him. For your sister’s psychological state, the police has something called victim services. They are counsellors who help them through these types of situations. People do heal from these types of circumstances but it can take a long time and she may be acutely very unwell so support her as best you can. Don’t ask her too much, just listen to what she has to say in the time she wants to say it. Give her a space in which to be able to share it. I know you are all heartbroken, but the right thing to do is report it and let the police sort it out. You're all not safe.

edit flag offensive delete link more

answered 2019-02-13 16:03:49 -0600

Tarran Singh gravatar image

Absolutely as these two guys have said. StrongKaur gave most good answer, and Babaji also great as well. Safety first and calling the police and protection services.

We will all do Ardas and benti as well that you can be safe and that Guru Ji can protect you from future situations and help healing to take place. Let us stay in the safety of Maharaj and Sangat.

Love and support for you at this time.

edit flag offensive delete link more

Question Tools

1 follower


Asked: 2019-02-11 23:43:24 -0600

Seen: 5,014 times

Last updated: Apr 22 '19