Ask Your Question

My husband left me under his parents influence. What shabad, paath ardaas to do to get him back?

asked 2018-11-20 09:47:54 -0500

kaurlife gravatar image

updated 2018-11-26 10:23:48 -0500

Guruka Singh gravatar image

He threw me out of the house and disappeared. It was sudden as we had good and bad days, but nothing that would end our marriage. His parents instigated him against me, caused misunderstandings between us and I think also, his parents did some sort of black magic on him and he just completely turned away from me. They were always jealous of us and we were not married for too long either. He left without talked, saying a word, but I take marriage seriously and I feel like he is not a bad person, but just blindsided.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2018-11-20 18:51:09 -0500

Tryingtobasikh gravatar image

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh behn ji,

In sikhi and "reality", there is no such thing as black magic and nor is there something like doing certain amounts of path to bring someone back. When we're in trouble or sadness, we look to bring back happiness in any condition and make up scenarios in our head which don't even exist. I'm sure his parents didn't do black magic on him but you may be right on the "turning him against you" bit. They will reap what they sow, so don't worry about them. However, your husband on the other hand, has no right to kick you out without an explanation. The only way to bring him back is through talking to him, there is no other way.

Do path, but to understand the meaning and then apply it in your life. For example, tell him that laavan is done as a vow that this marriage will be centring Guru Granth sahib ji and their teachings. It tells us that marriage is about two bodies and one soul, and definitely not done to kick out another partner when your mind changes. It is important to ask him about what you did and what you can do to improve on it (if he sees that you did something which he really cant live with). You can even talk to your nearby granthi, which your husband also talks to, and see if he can find out the reasons or change his mind.

On the other hand, god takes care of every being and this world is a show of his, whatever he pleases comes to pass. So, please don't feel alone, remain calm and follow sikhi with perhaps the help of your family or friends. Tough times do pass, and I'm sure you're brave enough to go through this. Remain patient and talk to him as well as his family to come to a solution. "sansaar rogi, naam daaru, mel laage sach bina". Please remain under his will, that will be living a true life. Waheguru mehr kare. Bhul chuk muaf karni.

edit flag offensive delete link more


Thank you. Yes, Waheguruji is above all. He actually is not willing to talk to anyone, but as a wife, I can still pray to Waheguruji to make him see the right path? I know divorce is common nowadays, but Sikhi allows divorce must be under extreme circumstances & ours was not extreme, small things.

kaurlife gravatar imagekaurlife ( 2018-11-21 08:20:12 -0500 )edit

The relationship we have with god is totally personal and so yes, pray for whatever you wish but until you take action, nothing can be done. So try to talk to him and make him see the right path.

Tryingtobasikh gravatar imageTryingtobasikh ( 2018-11-21 17:33:13 -0500 )edit

Question Tools


Asked: 2018-11-20 09:47:54 -0500

Seen: 3,323 times

Last updated: Nov 20 '18